|Heritage & Knowledge
|Manager: Education & Outreach
|Position Reference Code
Freedom Park is a national monument and heritage destination dedicated to honouring all those who gave their lives in the struggles for freedom. It is established as a cultural institution reporting to the Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture and is situated at Salvokop, on the southern tip of Pretoria. Freedom Park is looking for ethical individuals who have a passion to contribute to national reconciliation and social cohesion. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Storyteller.
To develop stories and conduct performance which will enhance the exhibition, educational programs, and other activities related to the vision and mission of Freedom Park.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To research and develop stories which are relevant to The Freedom Park.
- To adapt stories collected into a script for a variety of performances.
- To link stories with the themes and sub-themes of exhibitions or workshops.
- To conduct a variety of performances that link with the exhibition.
- To preserve living heritage through effective and efficient co-ordination of storytelling festival programme.
- To develop a schedule and synchronize the performance within the Exhibition and Educational programs and other Freedom Park activities.
- Grade 12
- Minimum of 7 – 12 months of Storytelling and Recitations, 12 months of Community related projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 3 months of Storytelling, 3 months knowledge of African history, culture, heritage and Indigenous Knowledge Systems.
- Presenting skills: Projecting one’s voice audibly.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite and MS Access)
- Research skills.
- Interviewing skills.
Applications for internal candidates must be on internal application form.
Applications must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must contain a curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational certificates and or other qualifications and identity document. Kindly insert the job reference code on the subject line when applying for the position.
Successful applicants will be subjected to a verification/security clearance.
Closing date is 16 February 2024
NB: If you do not receive any response within 14 days of closing days, please assume that your application was not successful.
Correspondence will only be with shortlisted candidates.